Produced by Sponsored by CONSIDER THE WORD LORD!
TEXT: Matt 7:21
BRUCE MCGEE MINISTRIES
Gary Godard Chief Technical Officer
An elderly man met a younger fella on the street.
“Hey, I remember you. You're one of the Johnson twins.”
"Yes," the younger man said.
Older man, “I remember one of you became a doctor and one of you became a preacher. Which are YOU?”
Younger man, “I'm the one that PRACTICES, my brother is the PREACHER!”
CONSIDER THE WORD LORD!
TEXT: Matt 7:21
Sometimes I wonder what would happen if EVERY Christian PRACTICED being one!!
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
There are two definitions of the word Lord.
1) First, There is systemic (generic) definition.... where one speaking of God, would say, "He is Lord over all that is."
2) Second, there is the specific (personal) one ... where one speaking of God would say, "He is Lord over all that I am!
How do YOU consider the word LORD as it pertains to JESUS?
1. John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
2. Heb. 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power,
when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
JESUS is not just A lord, He is THE LORD!!!
3. When Thomas, the doubter, faced Jesus after the resurrection, he KNELT and said, “My LORD, and my GOD!”
1. Norma Hilstead was 14 years old and the daughter of a golf pro. Early one morning she was out practicing.
She birdied the first hole, a par 5. The 2nd hole was a par 3 that ran along the railroad track.
She took her stance and got ready to swing. Just then, a train whistle sounded.
She remembered her teaching, focused, and took her swing.
The ball landed on the green, bounced once, and rolled in the hole!
When Norma got to the clubhouse, she told her dad.
He said, "But you can't COUNT it because there were no WITNESSES."
About a week later, a letter came to the clubhouse addressed to Norma's dad, the pro.
It was from the train engineer who was giving Norma congratulations on her hole-in-one.
He had seen it!
When Norma came to the clubhouse that afternoon, her dad showed the letter to her.
She was excited!
Then her dad said, "Now you have to buy everyone in here a drink!"
Norma looked astonished.
Dad said, "Honey, you have a LOT to LEARN about golf!!"
(((My Dad used to tell me, “Boy, if it weren't for me you wouldn't be able to EAT! And, if you don't shut up, you won't be able to CHEW!”)))
2. We have a LOT to LEARN about GOD!!!
I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.
5 I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.
3. Col 1:16-19
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. (are sustained – kept)
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
4. If it weren't for Jesus, the universe would collapse, the sun would not shine, the earth would not revolve or rotate, and you could not BREATHE!!
CHRIST is the CREATOR of all things SUSTAINER of ALL there is!!
III. And, Christ is the CHANGER of mankind!!
1. 2Cor. 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2. Once, I was in the grocery store and was in a hurry.
The sign said, “Eight Items Or LESS.”
So, I told the cashier, “My name is LESS!”
3. You can change your name, but you (alone) cannot change your SELF!!
((In Louisiana, you can't take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. You need a CAMERA for that!))
4. Sociologists say you can change by REHABILITATION!
But GOD says you need RESURRECTION!!
And you hath he quickened (made alive), who were dead in trespasses and sins;
5. In psychology class, I once had an argument with the professor because he said, “You will BECOME what your environment dictates!”
No!!! You will BECOME what you determine in your HEART to BE!
And, if you determine to be a DISCIPLE and SERVANT of the LORD Jesus, then you will be CHANGED!!!
6. If you SURRENDER yourself to Jesus as LORD of your life, HE will CHANGE you from the INSIDE OUT!!
7. He will give you HIS SPIRIT to reside IN you!
And, His Spirit will give you GOD's DESIRES!!!
“For it is God which worketh IN you both to WILL and to DO of HIS good pleasure!!”
8. When you consider the word LORD in a SPECIFIC manner, then you will become a WORK of GOD!!
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
JESUS is the CREATOR and SUSTAINER of ALL there is!
And HE, and ONLY He can CHANGE your life!
But you must GIVE your life to JESUS!!
He is LORD of ALL!
Is He LORD of YOU?
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
Have you SURRENDERED your LIFE to JESUS?