THROUGH THE BIBLE IN THREE YEARS
Are you anxious about life?
Don't be so "up tight."
Remember, it took Noah a whole year to find a parking place!
21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:
22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.
Here are some interesting facts about The Great Flood.
1) 2nd month, 17th day of Noah's 600th year -- entrance to the Ark (7:11).
2) 3rd month, 27th day of Noah's 600th year -- 40 days & nights of continual rain. (7:17)
3) 7th month, 17th day of Noah's 600th year -- water at same level all over the world. (7:24)
4) 8th month, 27th day of Noah's 600th year - the Ark rests on Mt. Ararat (8:4).
5) 10th month, 1st day of Noah's 600th year - 1st raven sent out (8:7).
6) 1st month, 1st day of Noah's 601st year - the tops of the mountains were sighted, and Noah removed the covering from the ark (8:13).
7) 2nd month, 27th day of Noah's 601st year - they exited the ark and sacrifices of thanksgiving were made (8:14).
God had said the flood would come.
God had used Noah to preach it 100 years or more.
God loves people.
God is patient and kind.
But God is also JUST!
Through Noah, God offered a choice: the ark (and eternal life), or the flood (and eternal death).
Yes, God made a promise to never destroy the earth again with a flood.
But the earth IS going to be destroyed again - permanently. 2 Peter 3:7 says, "..the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."
When people refuse God they choose eternal death instead of eternal life.
God still offers a choice to mankind today: Jesus (and eternal life) or fire (and eternal death).
Christians, let us be faithful like Noah and tell others of Jesus!