THROUGH THE BIBLE IN THREE YEARS
Mom was upset because her son had gone off to the university and didn't call home anymore.
Dad said, "There's one sure way to get him to call. Send him a letter saying you know he is busy studying, so you're sending $50."
Mom said, "How will that get him to call?"
Dad, "Forget to enclose the $50!"
1 John 4:13
Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
Most of the time, we Christians are MISSING SOMETHING in our lives because
we fail to realize the import of the Scripture above.
How do we realize that "we dwell in HIM, and HE in us?"
"Because He hath GIVEN us of His Spirit!"
God's Holy Spirit:
1) reminds us of a close relationship with Him (Gal. 4:6).
2) calls us to prayer (Rom. 15:30, Eph. 6:18).
3) calls us to study (John 14:26).
4) calls us to change from sinfulness to holiness (2Cor. 3:18).
5) strengthens our faith (Eph. 3:16).
6) gives us genuine love for other Christians (1Pet. 1:22).
7) leads us to confess and teach Jesus as Lord (1John 4:2).
Don't live MISSING SOMETHING of the inspiration and strength of God's Holy Spirit IN you!
Today, may I challenge you to be "in tune" with God's Holy Spirit.
Allow Him to work IN you "to will and to do of His good pleasure"