Testimony of Rebekah Wyant

Well, first of all, I thank God for His gracious mercy and love. I’m thankful that God didn’t give up on me, because when I was young my family didn’t go to church. I went to Bible School each year just to get away from the house and to get to be around other kids. I started going "out" at a young age; my parents thought I was going one place and I was going to another.

When I was 13 years old my mom, my brother, and I were in a very bad car wreck, my grand parents were the first ones to come up on the accident. I was covered up for dead, but a women showed up and uncovered me. I don’t know what she did but I’m still here. Nobody knows who she was, or saw her after that day. I know that God must have sent her but I never really gave any thought to that fact. I still did just what I wanted.

Some years later I meet Tony it was like God sent him. The morning after my oldest brother introduced me to Tony, my brother was killed in a car accident. A little later Tony and I started dating. I never considered God in any of this. A year and a half later my dad died of a heart attack. When this happened I turned to drinking and what ever else numbed my senses. But Tony helped me get through this as he had other things since I met him.

My mom wouldn’t let us get married, so we decided to just live together. We finally got married . Not long after that Tony’s brother Jeff got saved. He asked us to go to church. For a while I attended just to get him and Tina to stop asking.

By this time Jeff was preaching I went and I saw people getting saved and how they were accepted and loved. So I decide to walk the aisle; but it was not of God, just me.

I went to church for 5 years after that. I stayed under conviction for a long time, because I was one person at church but I was someone else at home and around my friends who didn’t go to church. I beleive God was tired of the way I was.

Around this time I got sick. I went to the doctor he said I had a lot of problems. He told me that if I didn't have surgery I would die soon. I had the surgery, but afterwards he told me that there was no medical explanation for me to be alive.

I still continued to live life as nothing had been said or done. Till one day we were having a revival I was in the nursery with Gary but I came out. The Holy Spirit was drawing me and there was no resisting. I went down front and confessed before God and the world I was living a lie.

When I got in God’s will He took me out of my comfort zone because He had something for me to do besides hold a bench down.

Now I work in missions. It is the work that God has called everyone to do in a way. We are all suppose to tell others about Jesus and what He has done in our lives.

BLESS GOD for all He has done for us and through us.